Information on the Upcoming Virginia Gardens Elections – 9/10
Virginia Gardens is holding a Municipal election on Tuesday, September 10th. This election intends to fill the offices of Mayor for the Village of Virginia Gardens area, as well as three council members.
Continuing our article series outlining information on local elections in the South Florida community, Reach Voters is here to help by sharing content on what this process entails. Read on to learn more about Virginia Gardens Elections – 9/10.
How Does the Village of Virginia Gardens Municipal Elections Process Work?
The Village of Virginia Gardens hosts municipal elections every two years to elect a Mayor, in addition to members for the Village Council. Each election year (like 2019) voters in the Virginia Gardens areas cast their votes to elect candidates to fill these office seats.
The Miami-Dade County Elections Department, as well as the Virginia Gardens Village Clerk work in conjunction to administer Virginia Gardens Elections – 9/10. Time is short for voter registration with the deadline set for August 12th, 2019.
Candidates must additionally qualify for the election by August 12th, 2019 by 5:00 P.M. Qualified candidate credentials include maintaining status as an elector of Miami-Dade County, and maintained status as a resident of the Virginia Gardens community for at least three years prior to the qualification deadline.
In the Village of Virginia Gardens, the Mayor holds an office term for two years. The two highest vote receivers for city council in the Municipal election receive four-year terms in office. The third highest will receive a two-year term in office. Consequently, the highest vote receiver serves as President of the city council for a two-year term.
To obtain additional information on the qualifying process in Miami-Dade County elections, including Virginia Gardens Elections – 9/10, you can find the necessary, applicable qualifying documents here. The county also provides candidates with a Candidate Qualifying Handbook to streamline the qualifying procedure as well.
Voter Information for Virginia Gardens Elections – 9/10
Voting in Virginia Gardens Elections reflects a similar process too much of Miami-Dade County. However, the last day to register to vote is August 12th, 2019.
Any voter needs to remember that voting represents an American privilege, not a right. Legal United States citizens over the age of 18 can vote in a Miami-Dade Election, additionally meeting the following qualifications:
- Legal voters in Miami-Dade County must be 18 years of age or older. Pre-voting begins as early as age 16.
- Miami-Dade County voters must maintain legal citizenship in the United States. Individuals that obtain legal citizenship can simultaneously register to vote legally.
- Voters in the Village of Virginia Gardens wield no restrictions on the time they must reside in Miami-Dade County. However, they must register by August 12th, 2019 at 5:00 P.M. to cast their vote in the election.
Non-United States Citizens cannot vote in any Miami-Dade election, including in the Village of Virginia Gardens. Those that considered mentally incapacitated in regards to voting cannot vote, and felony convicts cannot vote without restored civil rights.
Information on Municipal Elections in the Village of Miami Gardens from Reach Voters
Our team works hard to educate voters and candidates on the elections process in Miami-Dade County. The political process from either side of the podium is a great way to impart a positive role in the South Florida community.
To learn more about Virginia Gardens Elections – 9/10 and other Miami-Dade County Elections, contact our team from Reach Voters today!
- “Elections – Miami-Dade County.” https://www.miamidade.gov/global/elections/home.page. Accessed 30 Apr. 2020.
- “Village Clerk – Village of Virginia Gardens.” https://www.virginiagardens-fl.gov/village-clerk/. Accessed 30 Apr. 2020.
- “Voter Registration – Miami-Dade County.” https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1482258761076685. Accessed 30 Apr. 2020.
- “qualifying – Village of Virginia Gardens.” http://www.virginiagardens-fl.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Candidate-Qualifying-Information-2019-2.pdf. Accessed 30 Apr. 2020.
- “Qualifying Documents – City of Miami.” http://archive.miamigov.com/city_clerk/Pages/Elections/CampaignReports15/QualifyingDocuments_Seth%20Sklarey_Sep19_2015_REDACTED.pdf. Accessed 30 Apr. 2020.
- “Candidate Qualifying Handbook – Miami-Dade County.” https://www.miamidade.gov/global/elections/candidate-qualifying-handbook.page. Accessed 30 Apr. 2020.