Becoming a Proud Election Day Poll Working in Miami-Dade County
The Miami-Dade County Supervisor of Elections recruits a variety of election workers to join their poll team each election season. However, as technology continues advancing, so too does their requirements for the polls. They now provide positions for aspiring poll workers in Miami-Dade that span from voter identification inspection to polling location management. The good news is that this only offers more opportunities for South Floridians to get involved.
Nevertheless, many individuals wonder what to do to become a poll worker. For this reason, our team from Reach Voters is breaking down some information to help readers learn what the need to know, as well as where to go to start their journey to become proud Election Day poll workers in Miami-Dade.
What Do Election Day Poll Workers Do?
Election Day poll workers present an essential component of any election process. They essentially demonstrate the front-line representation of the Supervisor of Elections office. Although voters may never see staff members of the Supervisor of Elections office on Election Day, they will certainly interact with poll workers in Miami-Dade at a polling location.
Miami-Dade workers typically reflect highly-trained individuals and active voters. Poll workers serve their community and local government by proudly assisting voters, in addition to the Supervisor of Elections through the polling process.
To become a Miami-Dade County poll worker, aspirants must meet these requirements:
- Registered to vote in Miami-Dade County
- Able to read and write in English
- Attend mandatory training before each election
- Wield excellent customer service skills
- Maintain respect for all voters
- Represent Miami-Dade County and the Elections office in a professional manner
- Possess the ability to work long hours
- Remain nonpartisan while holding the position at the polls
- Wield transportation to and from the polls and a valid email address.
Furthermore, applicants must fill out an online application, in addition to 3 to 5 business days for processing. They can also apply by phone. Miami-Dade County additionally offers a Poll Worker FAQ Guide to help answer any questions or concerns regarding poll workers in Miami-Dade as well.
Poll Workers in Miami-Dade County on Election Day
The Miami-Dade Elections Department do their best to place poll workers at their home location on Election Day. Unfortunately, when a location remains full, workers may get reassigned to another precinct nearby.
Once workers do their part on their first Election Day, Miami-Dade County keeps their record active. This means they the Elections department requires no additional application before every single election. To confirm active status in the Miami-Dade County system, workers can call or email.
Learn About Poll Workers in Miami-Dade County from Reach Voters
Working the polls is an excellent way to get involved in the community with voters and the Miami-Dade County Elections Department strongly encourages those that remain interested in the elections process to take part. This includes and extends to college and university students.
We take pride in educating readers on the specifics regarding local South Florida elections. To learn more about poll workers in Miami-Dade County and local elections for both candidates and voters, contact Reach Voters today!
- “Elections – Miami-Dade County.” https://www8.miamidade.gov/global/elections/home.page. Accessed 18 Sep. 2019.
- “Poll Workers – Miami-Dade County.” https://www8.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1496340543264351. Accessed 18 Sep. 2019.
- “Voter Registration – Miami-Dade County.” https://www.miamidade.gov/elections/voter-registration.asp. Accessed 18 Sep. 2019.
- “Miami-Dade County.” https://miamidade.gov/. Accessed 18 Sep. 2019.
- “Poll Worker FAQs – Miami-Dade County.” https://www.miamidade.gov/elections/library/instructions/poll-worker-recruitment-faq.pdf. Accessed 18 Sep. 2019.
- “Vote by Mail – Miami-Dade County.” https://www.miamidade.gov/elections/vote-by-mail.asp. Accessed 18 Sep. 2019.
- “Vote Early – Miami-Dade County.” https://www8.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1511962555914873. Accessed 18 Sep. 2019.
- “Don’t Stress, We’ll Share All You Need to Know About the General ….” https://reachvoters.com/2019/08/02/dont-stress-well-share-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-general-municipal-elections-commission-in-districts-124/. Accessed 18 Sep. 2019.